Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Celebrating in New York City!


I’m writing to you this morning from the Big Apple.  My family and I are celebrating my birthday today (it’s the big one) and we’re also vacationing in NYC for a few days.  I’m mesmerized by all of the hustle and bustle around me.  We’ll be hitting all the high points for sure and I'm hoping to discover a wonderful little shop that's plentiful with good things.  I just might have to dart in for a minute or two and do a little browsing ~ wink!  If I run across anything particularly interesting or unusual I’ll try to post on Tatteredstyle’s FB page ~ be sure to “Like” it here. In the meantime, thank you for permitting me the chance to share a short and sweet post with you.   

I thought I might post photos of this beautiful vintage chandelier that Nat bought for me a few years ago on a previous birthday.  


I love the authentic antique brass metal work on it ~ the glass crystals are exquisite.  We found this little beauty at White Elephant Antiques in Dallas.
  

I love the way it illuminates the ceiling at night when the light is on ~ it casts a magical glow to the room.

  
It adds a regal flare to the room and also fancies up some of the not so perfect flea market finds. 

I’m off to enjoy some frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3, (the little ice cream shop where Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack shared ice cream in the movie with the same name ~ Serendipity ~ still one of my favorite chick-flicks of all time.  Happy Tuesday! 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...