Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful Today

 
I'm thankful today for many things ~ but most importantly ~ my faith, family and friends.  I'm also thankful for you and the opportunity you allow me in sharing my love for Tattered Style ~ the art of living with the not so perfect.  So while I'm off enjoying some time with the family, I wanted to share a simple post of "thanks" with you. 


I'm pretty smitten with these wonderful old wooden printer's block letters ~ I often spell out sentiments and place them around my home on vintage ironstone plates or platters (I found the letters here ~ Wanda, in Antique Alley has the best selection). 


For Thanksgiving, I used this wonderful blue and white vintage grain sack (folded over) as a runner atop the buffet in my dining room.  I found this one here



The old buffet was a garage sale find and is still patiently awaiting a paint transformation.  The pretty fall colored flowers were a treat my hubby brought home the other day.  I can't think of anything more charming to put them in than this old Kerr canning jar. 

Thank you for stopping by today ~ I hope you are having a nice little reprieve from the norm and are enjoying time with those you love.  XO

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...